As your Doula I am your personal emotional support during pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
During your pregnancy we are going to meet and talk about all you hopes, fears, dreams, doubts... I will answer your questions about pregnancy, birthing process and postpartum. Togehter we will make a "plan of birth".
While docotors, nurses and midwifes are taking care of you and your child medical health during birth, I will be taking care of the rest. I'll remind you on your plans, try to help you stay in contact with yourself and your child, raise you a glass of water and give your partner a break in a long birth-journey.
In your postpartum journey I will be on your side to answer your questions and listening to you when you need me.
Maybe I can give you a hand with your newborn so you got a little time to sleep or shower, I help you to feel comfortable.
Doula Pregnancy and birth
My Package includes:
- get to know - video call
- 2 "pre birth" meetings, apprx. 90 minutes
- On call time around your due date (10 days before till 10 days after)
- accompaniment throughout your birth for as long as it takes
- postpartum visit apprx. 30 minutes
- 1 "after birth" meeting to talk about the birth after a few months
- continuous contact via whatsapp, Mail, phone during the whole time
Free gift: 30 minutes Massage at a therapeutic massage
Birth prepartion course
(2 x 6 hours on a weekend)
In an intensive Weekend-course you (and your partner) will be prepared for labour, birth and the postpartum time.
I will provide you with important, true, realistic, valuable information and practical advice. Part of the course will be the techniques of Hypobirthing.
What can you expect?
- Basic birthing process
- Specific doula knowledge around birth, hospital, homebirthing,
- "Birth plan" session
- Pain management
- Hypnobirthing session
- Anxiety release exercise
- Birth affirmations
- Postpartum informations/planning
- Breastfeeding informations
Benefits of a Doula
The 2017 Cochrain Review studied the benefits of continuous support during childbirth. The researchers found that overall, people who have continuous support during childbirth by a doula experience:
- Shorter Labours
- Painkillers and relaxation medications as well as epidural anesthesia (PDA) were used less frequently
- Fewer Complications
- Less use of labor inducing agents
- Fewer forceps and vacuum births
- Fewer cesareans
- Babies were more alert and fed better at the breast
- Strengthening the couple relationship